Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nicola Roberts Says Her New Music Is "Authentic"



My new favourite Girls Aloud member Nicola Roberts has hit back at claims that her new music isn't natural for the red head.

Nicola's first single 'Beat Of My Drum' has got an amazing response by both critcs and fans. A few tracks from her brand new album Cinderella Eyes have already been leaked, and the we're loving the style here at Miss Red.

Rubbishing claims that her new sound isn't really her, Nicola said:
"It's natural, being a fan and loving a band like Major Lazer, that you'd go to somebody like that. It's so out-there and full of imagination. And even with Girls Aloud, we didn't make records with rules. I'm used to working with Xenomania, who take risks, and that's what I feel with Joe, with Diplo. That's where I've come from, so that's where I want to go."

She added that if she was faking both fans and critics would be able to tell a mile away:
"People can sniff out a faker. It would have been really awkward for me to not make a record like this. I'm not comfortable with faking - there's evidence of that in the first six years of the band."
I for one think this is 100% Nicola's vibe, and I'm loving it!

PS!!

See her 'Beat Of My Drum' video here: