Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lee Ryan Says He Could Have Died From Drug Use



Blue band memeber Lee Ryan has admitted that he nearly died as a result of drug use.

The singer, who is preparing to compete at next weekend's Eurovision Song Contest admitted that he had turned to drugs to cope with fame.

Lee admitted that he fell under the pressure to be a constant performer:
"Sometimes it gets really hard but I do need the worry and the angst to be creative. I've got that back, which I lost for a time during Blue. I used to go out and get tw*tted on s**t I shouldn't have. I was a naughty boy and one day I woke up and realised if I carried on, I was going to die - so I moved to America."

Now that Lee has focused his attention back to music he admitted that he loves the industry:
"I realised I missed what I was in the industry for. I became comfortably numb and it's nice to be back. It feels incredibly special to be with the boys again and doing what we do best."