Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jada Pinkett Smith Says She and Will Smith Are Not Exploiting Their Kids.



I still don't agree with her.

Jada Pinkett Smith and hubby Will Smith have come under fire recently because both of their children, 10-year-old Willow and 12-year-old Jaden, have gotten into the spotlight. Willow came into the music business when her song 'Whip My Hair' shot to the number 1 spot all over the world. She then started attending events including The Grammys. So it's definite that she has been missing school.



Jaden too, is in the same position, aswell as starring in the remake of 'The Karate Kid' and daddy Will's move 'The Pursuit Of Happyness', he has also been touring with Justin Bieber. But mother Jaden Smith thinks she's dong nothing wrong:
"Our children are allowed to stay in the paradigm of being a child. They don't have to take care of their families: become the complete emotional, physical, and financial focus that happens to many child stars. Our family structure is a little different and it's quite hard to comprehend because it's so outside what usually happens in a family, but the paradigm is the same. This isn't about fame or money. They were still going to have their trials because of who their parents are. As much as I wish I could figure out a way I could protect my children, they have their destiny. I'm not going to put brakes on that out of fear. I have a 10-year-old who can stand up in front of an audience of 17,000 and rock the house. I have to keep her grounded."



Although I understand where she is coming from, I think she still doesn't get the point. Her daughter wouldn't be 'rocking the house' in the first place if she didn't allow her to pursue her career. All children want to be singers/actors when they are young, but they need to put their education first and live their childhood. Because their parents are so famous, their children are destined to be in the limelight, but they are WAY to young right now.

I see another Lindsay Lohan in the making...