Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christina Aguilera Defends Her Curves



People are constatly commenting about her recent weight gain but singer Christina Aguilera says she has learned to "block out" criticism and really "loves" her curves.

The curvy blonde who is currently promoting the second series of The Voice told Marie Claire magazine that she has had a battle with her weight but is happy with how she looks now and says boyfriend Matt Rutler loves her body.
"I’ve been through my highs, I’ve been through my lows; I’ve been through the gamut of all things in this business. Being too thin. Being bigger. I’ve been criticized for being on both sides of the scale. It’s noise I block out automatically. I love my body. My boyfriend loves my body. My son is healthy and happy, so that’s all that matters to me."


The 31-year-old whose son Max turns 4 tomorrow says she was too skinny when she filmed her debut movie Burlesque. But now Christina says she doesn't focus on her weight.
"When I worked on Burlesque, I lost so much weight that I was too skinny. (Now) I don't weigh myself - it's all about how I feel in my clothes. I happen to be very confident in my own skin. It takes time to get to that place, but it's all about embracing yourself and your body."

Christina hasn't looked her best in the last year.

Christina also opened up about the year she filed for divorce from husband Jordan Bratman. Soon the singer started seeing set assistant Matt, who worked on Burlesque with her, but says going through everything in the public eye was tough.
"That was a rough year,' she tells the publication. Between my divorce and the other things I went through, a lot happened. It's hard for anyone to go through that in public. But when you're a celebrity and under a microscope, it's 58 million times harder. I grew an even thicker skin after that hard year."