Friday, September 9, 2011

Lily Allen Says She Could Have Died From Drugs Like Amy Winehouse



Singer turned fashion designer Lily Allen Cooper has admitted that she could have died from drugs like pal Amy Winehouse.

At the beginning of her career Lily often spoke about using drugs and her crazy party lifestyle but now that she is married to Sam Cooper and expecting her first child, the singer admitted she's worlds away from who she used to be.

As a pregnant, married woman living in the Gloucestershire countryside, the singer is now a world away from her old life.

Lily says she and hubby Sam decided to leave the bright lights of London for the countryside, because living in the city reminded her of taking drugs.
"I felt very trapped by the presence of 40 paparazzi guys hysterical outside her front door. I could totally see why Amy didn't want to leave her house. It seemed more appealing to stay in and take heroin. I've had nights out with Amy and I know exactly what used to go on. I also spent time with her at her house in Camden. Not the one she died in, the one before."


Lily added that friends and family texted her after her death, saying they were grateful that she had turned her life around.
"Actually, when Amy died, I got several texts from friends saying they were really glad I was still here. That I hadn't died too. It's so easy to get caught up in that madness and I count my lucky stars I've been strong enough to walk away."

Lily, who is currently 7 months pregnant also admitted she knows the sex of the baby but isn't telling anyone. The singer says she's being very closely montired after suffering a miscarriage and a stillbirth already.
"After my last baby, I'm being really closely monitored so I come to London every Thursday for a scan. The doctor keeps telling me to take it easy."