Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Beauty Diary: Hotloxs Micro-Beads



Dear Beauty Diary,

As you know by now I am obsessed with hair. Hair extensions, hair styles, hair colouring, hair accessories, anything you could possibly think of.

I think it's so important to make yourself feel good and enjoy your own style, that's why I wear hair extensions. At the start of the summer I decided to stop wearing flip ins and clip ins, and instead went for the permanent option.

In my first Hair and Beauty review I tried out Hotloxs Pre-bonded Hair Extensions and I fell in love. The volume, length and colour was all perfectly selected by the top colourist and extension guru Anna from Hotloxs.

From Vogue Williams to Emma Waldron, top Irish celebs have fallen fast and hard for Hotloxs. With gorgeous models Lisa Nolan, Sara Kavanagh, Rachel Wallace, Pamela Ryan and Karena Graham all jumping aboard the Hotloxs trend.



This time around I wanted to try something different. With Hotloxs you can get pre-bonded extensions (no glue is applied to your hair, just a heat applicator that is folded around the top of your hair), weaves, clip ins or micro-beads. So I decided to go for the beads.

Now some people will try and scare you off saying that they are more visible and uncomfortable to sleep on but I haven't come across either problem. Obviously will all hair extensions, the thicker your hair is the better, and if you have really thin hair a half head is always better.

Before

So Anna popped over and took out my pre-bonds that I had in for three months. You always here horror stories about peoples extensions not coming out easily, using acetone and having to cut out chunks of your hair. Well Anna didn't have to use one bit of acetone and all my hair extensions were out with in 15 minutes, and my hair had actually grown from the first time I had the extensions put in.

It's always a great sign to see hair growth, other companies that just use bonded extensions (all glue) will often have clients complain of their hair falling out and being left with just shreds of hair.

After

Micro-beading is one of the best options I have to say. First of all the method is ridiculously easy. You and your pals could order the hair of www.holoxshair.com and put them in yourselves. Secondly these extensions can be taken out at anytime, so if you feel like a change or want a break they can easily be slipped out of your hair.

I have to say it feels great known that there is no glue whatsoever in my hair. It's nice to know I could take them out at anytime but of course I don't want to. Once again the quality of the hair is exceptional. Top stylists have been asking me where I get my hair done and most people don't have a clue that I have extensions at all.

This is what the microbeads look like undereath the hair

My advice would be for those who are nervous about getting pre-bonded extensions, but you are sick of clip ins, I suggest getting the micro-beads. There is zero damage to your hair, you will get the feel of the extensions and check out the quality of the hair and then you can move on to a more permanent option.

Vogue Williams has been wearing Hotloxs Micro-beads for the last few months and her hair looks fab. So make sure to contact Hotloxs and their FACEBOOK, TWITTER and of course their WEBSITE.

PS!!

I had the pre-bonded extensions in twice already and I loved it! Check out this video below if you are interested in getting it done, or even interested in learning how to do it yourself!