Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Beauty Diary: Rockstar Tan


Dear Beauty Diary,

I've spent the last three years trying to find the perfect tan. I've had tans that were too dark, too thick, not long lasting, too patchy, tan just didn't seem to work for me.

I have naturally sallow skin and put me under the heat of the sun for a half an hour and I'll have a golden colour so living in ice-cold Ireland I want a tan that can give me an even, naturally bronzed skin tone. And now I've found it!

This week I tried out two products from the Irish owned organic tanning company Rockstar Tan, and the packaging alone was so gorgeous I was excited to see what was inside. I got two of their top tanning products: (1) Access All Areas and (2) Fame.

Access All Areas Spray Tan

The two tans have are completely different but the quality is the exact same. Firstly I tried the Access All Areas tan. This is a spray on tan that adjusts to your natural skin tone, for a sun-kissed beach glow. 

It's very easy to apply with a tanning mit, you can see where you are spreading the tan, unlike translucent sprays where you can't see the tan and end up with streaks everywhere.

Colour then deepens over the next 4 to 6 hours creating a lasting golden tan for up to seven days. Plus the tan is made with ingredients suitable for both face and body.

My natural colour is quite sallow so I got a gorgeous medium bronze colour as a result. One of the best things about Rockstar Tan is that it's orderless. Meaning it doesn't have that horrible fake tan smell you normally get. 

Amanda Brunker loves Rockstar Tan

There is a slight scent but it's more like a nice body cream. The tan is scented with natural organic fragrance. The unique mix of raspberry and almond essences ensure odour free tanning even hours after application.

The tan lasted seven days including washing, and there was no patchiness or streaks which was amazing. I have had very bad experiences with spray on tans so I was extremely happy with the results.

You can get the Access All Areas tan for just €29.99 right here: SHOP 
Fame mineral tan
Next up I tried out their newest product Rockstar Tan Fame. This is a wash off instant mineral tan that can be used for both your face and your body and once again the results are amazing.

The organic tan hydrates and nourishes your skin while you wear it, and the colour gives you an instant sun-kissed look and it's odorless like all their tanning products, which is such a huge plus.

Their newest product also has special firming ingredients which helps to r reduce the appearance of fine lineand wrinkles, while tightening facial tissue.


Both tans were brilliant and I'm using them all the time. I wore the Access All Areas tan to the People of The Year Awards last week and only had to top up once since with the Fame tan for an event this weekend.

It's low maintenance with great results, no smell, no streaks and no patches. I normally try to stay away from tan but this is my new favourite beauty product!


*COMPETITION TIME*


The gorgeous gals over at Rockstar Tan have been kind enough to give one lucky Miss Red reader a free bottle of their Access All Areas spray tan.

All you have to do is 'Like' my Facebook page here: MISS RED and write the world Rockstar Tan on my page.

The winner will be announced next Sunday the 25th of September.



PS!!
Check out Rockstar Tan on their website: www.ROCKSTARTAN.ie

Or find them on Facebook here: Facbook/ROCKSTARTAN

Lots of Love,

Miss Red

xxxx