Friday, December 30, 2011

Russell Brand Files For Divorce From Katy Perry!!!!


It's All Over!!
I can't say I didn't see this coming but this is so sad.

For months Russell Brand and wife Katy Perry have been fighting off rumors that they have been having relationship problems but today the pair have finally gone their separate ways.

In a statement today Russell (36) admitted that he has filed for divorce from Katy after 14 months of marriage: "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends."

The Arthur star was spotted in London today without his wedding ring for the second day in a row, which initially sparked rumors that the pair had called it quits. Alarm bells also rang when they both spent the Christmas apart, with Katy spotted in Hawaii and Russell in Cornwall.

His legal team filed court documents in Los Angeles today citing 'irreconcilable differences'. But just four weeks ago when asked by Ellen Degeneres if there were issues Russell had said: "I'm really happily married. I’m married to Katy. Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive."


Russell and Katy married in India, October 2010



And in the midst of all the rumors Katy Tweeted her fans just four weeks ago to assure them that none of the gossip was true. She wrote: "First I'm pregnant & then I'm divorced. What am I All My Children?! #pshh #ifihadadollarforeverytime."


Happier Times: At The Grammys Last Year
Katy also recently spoke of her plans to have children and announced that she was taking a year out from the 
The couple married in India last October after a whirlwind romance. There was concern over Russell's past, after he spent years battling drug and sex addiction.

Before dating British actor Russell, Katy was engaged to Gym Class Heroes singer Travis McCoy, the new blonde apparently ended their relationship because of his drug habit.